Cleaning and disinfection of PIN pads and terminals is uncomplicated and can be done on your own, following a few simple rules, listed below.
Before cleaning, please:
- Wear disposable protective gloves.
- Disconnect the PIN pad from the POS terminal.
- Switch off the terminal and disconnect it from the power supply.
- For mobile terminals, turn off the device.
What to use to clean and disinfect?
- To clean the device it is recommended to use soapy water or water with dishwashing liquid.
- For disinfection, it is recommended to use cleaning agents based on alcohol or alcohol in solutions close to 70% (e.g. slightly diluted methylated spirits).
Never use thinners, trichloroethylene or ketone-based solvents - they can seriously damage plastic or rubber parts and do not provide a disinfectant effect.
How to clean and disinfect?
- Cleaning agent - apply liquid on a piece of clean fabric, e.g. soft cotton or flannel.
- Squeeze the excess liquid. For effective cleaning and disinfection a slightly moistened piece of fabric is sufficient. Excess liquid could penetrate into the housing and damage the device.
Never spray cleaning agents - foams or other solutions directly onto the keyboard or display - this may damage the device.