Cashless payments make it possible to reduce contact with cash, which, as research indicates, is one of the main potential carriers of pathogenic microorganisms. Accepting card payments, especially contactless or BLIK, supports efforts to limit the spread of viral and bacterial infections. One of the conditions for a real increase in epidemiological security is to take care of the cleanliness of the payment terminals, PIN pads and other parts of checkout systems. Regular disinfection of surfaces, especially keyboards, ensures greater safety and comfort for both customers and staff.
Cleaning and disinfection of PIN pads and terminals is uncomplicated and can be done on your own, following a few simple rules, listed below.
Before cleaning, please:
- Wear disposable protective gloves.
- Disconnect the PIN pad from the POS terminal.
- Switch off the terminal and disconnect it from the power supply.
- For mobile terminals, turn off the device.
What to use to clean and disinfect?
- To clean the device it is recommended to use soapy water or water with dishwashing liquid.
- For disinfection, it is recommended to use cleaning agents based on alcohol or alcohol in solutions close to 70% (e.g. slightly diluted methylated spirits).
Never use thinners, trichloroethylene or ketone-based solvents - they can seriously damage plastic or rubber parts and do not provide a disinfectant effect.
How to clean and disinfect?
- Cleaning agent - apply liquid on a piece of clean fabric, e.g. soft cotton or flannel.
- Squeeze the excess liquid. For effective cleaning and disinfection a slightly moistened piece of fabric is sufficient. Excess liquid could penetrate into the housing and damage the device.
Never spray cleaning agents - foams or other solutions directly onto the keyboard or display - this may damage the device.